Advice on Sony SONY AS15 Full HD Action Cam vs OTEK DVS-5G5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi all,
I want to start a new topic on this as I have new questions to ask. Thanx for all the advice from my last thread on the topic.
I am novice at this and it will be the first time I am buying an action cam.
I am looking at two second hand cameras second in my price range. They are the Sony AS15 Full HD Action Cam vs OTEK DVS-5G5 1080.
1. Does anyone have experience with the OTEK, it seems it comes from Australia? The Sony one I have read a lot up on and seems good value for money
2. I can buy the OTEK for almost half the price of the Sony.  Which would be the better one to go for if the value was similar?
3. The helmet adhesive mounts, are they strong enough and will not fall off? Can you add something to catch it should it come loose? Would not screw the mount in to your helmet, this is probably a kak question!!!!
4. Would I be able to mount either one of them on my BMW LC where the BMW GPS mount is. I have taken that one off and put my Zumo 550 on there and it is thinner than the BMW one. I believe I will get a better view and with less risk should I mount IT on my top crash bar.
5. They say when the Sony one is the waterproof box, you get a muffled sound, If you take it out of the box will it still be rain proof?
6. Can you still mount both on your helmet, I would put on the side of my Arai or the handle bar without the waterproof box? From the pictures I have seen I cannot see so lekker.
7. Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of with each of the two above. There must be many WD that have huge experience with action cams that can help a dude like me!
Guys thanx for the advice in advance as I get so much great info from the forum.
Cheers
Plaky

Latest posts