• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Africa Twin XRV750Y (no longer) for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigofcapetown

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi All

I need to sell my much beloved Africa Twin due to a very imminent geographical relocation ( I am moving to NZ )

Initially I advertised the bike on gumtree for 41000 and got very little response indeed. I guess I was being too ambitious price-wise although I was using the other AT prices as a guideline - it seems that prices are generally a bit on the high side.

But here is a full disclosure: issues that were raised by guys who did respond to the advert were that it had quite a few dings and scratches ( well, it is an off-road bike after all! ) The rhs radiator has a frankenstein repair but still works absolutely fine and in fact has been on a trip through the Namibian summer without overheating. The speedo has recently stopped working and I suspect it has something to do with that crazy little drive wheel in the rhs front fork. The screen of the tripmaster has seen better days and there are a number of repaired cracks in the fairing.  I was also told that the sprockets and chain need replacing. That aside, the bike is in great general running condition and has a valid roadworthy certificate as of 17 April 2012.

And, if time permitted, I would still get on the bike and drive it as is to Angola and back.

So,  if someone has a very serious offer please PM me. I am very open to price negotiations for a valid buyer. At the end of the day I have to sell it before I go.

I am currently in Bot River about 90kms outside of  Cape Town on the N2.

Cheers

Craig