Ahoo fellow dawgs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swart Baard

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hey Guys and Girls,

I have been lurking on this site for sometime now and has decided to break the silence. Much like my hunting dog (American Coon Hound) early in the morning I will greet the dawgs in the street with a loooong high pitched whhoooooo whoooo whuuoe!!!

Well, a short bit of my riding history... I have spent most of my years in biking on small commuters, mainly in town to and from varsity and work. I was introduced to off roading by a friend and our first trip was through the Cockscomb section of the Baviaans to Steytlerville. Not the easiest of routes for a novice... but my small DT 175 at the time was so easy and light to handle I made the 180km round trip scratch free.

En toe byt daar n’ gogga...n’ GROOT GOGGA! ! !

All I could think about was our next off road journey and destinations. Off course all the excitement, stories, videos etc. had to be shared with my wife. Sooner than later, she appeared very interested and I thought I would make a joke by asking her to try and ride my DT. Off course this silly idea was quickly dismissed with: “Are you crazy” But with a bit of persuasion and encouragement (nagging?) I managed to get my adventurous wife on the DT for her first lesson. And…she liked it!

After a few rides around the neighbourhood this soon made a second gogga sink its teeth into both of us….now we had to ride together! A new purchase in the form of her own on/off road Yamaha 125 paved the way for loads of thrills (and spills) together.  :ricky: A few rides later with the wife and lots of talks around the fire made us consider a “real” bike. It goes without saying, with the wife’s permission before I knew it I was buying my first real bike…the GS 800. :thumleft:

Our last trip to the 2011 BMW Bike Fest (with my wife as pillion) was the where things really went to the next level and the mother of all goggas has now struck . . . My wife wants her own “Real” bike Who am I to argue with the wife. . . this is one argument I intend to loose horribly  :biggrin:

Soon we will be doing our next trip together. We plan on going to the Kouga and explore the roads of the lower and upper Kouga. Any dawgs with experience in this area, please share some routes and landmarks.

Will surely have some RR's on our return.

OK, with that its off to the weekend.  :mwink:
Cheers