am i but proud of myself :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Ok. I eventually got my TT tank for my X-Challenge. Ordered it from AUS (BTW, they are actually produced in aus, by aqualine - go figure) got it in like 8 days, and paid R1000 less (incl import and transport) than would have been in SA (if they could actually get one in SA...) it’s a long story, but i digress

So i phone up BWM - R2500 - 3000 to install it - takes a full day. wowzers  :eek:
I figure, how many of these things have they actually installed? I can read the instructions, and I can use some spanners….
So anyway, i installed the thing myself - pretty easy really (i'll explain why) and only took 1/2 a day (incl. lots of coffee breaks)

To put it in properly, you got to take out the original tank and drill holes in it. Do do this, you have to disassemble 1/2 the bike... noooit i tune, i have a better plan (ok, so i stole the plan after looking at the TT instructions and realizing what a mission it was).
Turns out, there is another tank (kinda designed by max-kool on the adv riding forum) that i was looking into getting before, and this tank relies on the vacuum in the original tank to suck fuel in from the aftermarket one- simple, it must work with my tank too.

I put in the tank in 1st. the only mission was the main weight support that bolts onto the struts in front of the engine. Contrary to most TT stuff, the brackets just didn’t fit, and were designed by a mental midget. But after some bending, grinding and some swearing, i MADE them fit.

After that, I fitted the fuel line from the TT tank, via a fuel filter, into the breather for the tank under the seat. Viola – she works like a charm. Empties the TT tank 1st, which is nice cause it drops the weight in the front down as you ride.
AND, all that shitty fuel in the DRC won’t get into my oem fuel filter – awesome.

Like a pig in Sh*t I tell you  ;D

P7180004.jpg

P7180003.jpg