An old man's trip to the Cape [ no 2 ]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooikat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR500
Edit: Update      27th Jan 2014

This trip was to be my last long distance bike trip. Unfortunately, not going to happen - on a bike!

Soooo, it'll be by Citigolf, as I basically gave up biking and sold the Big Boy in October last year because of safety concerns.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'll be leaving on 1st Feb and return somewhere towards the end of March.
I would like to see as many of the WDs with whom I've had contact over the last few years. This of course puts restrictions on the journey time wise, so I'll only be able to see a few. Preliminary planning is now as follows (fixed dates in bold):

Rietvlei, Cradock (my cousin Ludwig's farm - his two sons are
"wimpie" (WD) and Toast Coetzer of WEG fame.                                                                                                                        1st Feb

PE (braai with jupiter)                                 9th Feb

Plettenburg Bay   Viktor                        10th Feb

Knysna   Paul                 12th Feb

Mosselbaai       (ChrisL?)   13th Feb

Calitzdorp   / Ladismith 16th Feb

Montagu            18th Feb

Wellington   (Mike and Shirley, Diemersfontein, “Dusty Rusty”?, “Ouman”?) 21st Feb

Sederberg camp in Citrusdal – fantastic site, cleanest ablutions
I've ever seen.. 26th Feb - 8th March

(I want to drive to where I couldn't go with the BMW Xcountry because of
handling problems, then hike to the top of Sneeuberg and sleep on top
to get the sunrise next morning)

Return more or less the same. Dates uncertain.

Please PM me or phone or e-mail before I leave, as I will be incommunicado for much of the trip. - no cell reception in many places!

Messages can be left with my daughter Margie "63magic" on the forum after 2nd Feb

Phone (during the trip): 082 256 9733
e-mail: [email protected]

My apologies for posting a car trip on this forum!

Attachments

• RSA-Cape-prelim-1c.jpg
    RSA-Cape-prelim-1c.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 356

Latest posts