Another bike hater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legend

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Seems now every asshole wants to be a bike hater.

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Bikers-Get-off-our-roads-20140219

Bikers! Get off our roads!

19 February 2014, 09:53

The biggest bane of SA’s roads aren’t speeding taxis, or drunk pedestrians.  Heck, it’s not even Sanral!  The scourge of our roads are these bloody bikers!

And I’m not just talking speed freaks on Japanese bikes who swerve in and out of peak hour traffic with one hand on the handlebar and one finger saluting those of us left in the dust.

All bikers of all shapes , sizes and ages are to blame.  Fatties on hogs – Easy Rider wannabes who are still living in the 70s and probably with their mommies.  Skinny IT consultants or investment bankers who get paid too much for doing very little and then fancy themselves superbike racers in the hope of one day looking cool (and don’t even get me started with toddlers on tricycles who disrupt afternoon traffic when I’m driving home through my neighbourhood).

Why is it that every time some cocky biker gets what is coming to him, there’s mass outcry from these biker gangs and pesky road rats about how the biking community is so right and how everyone else is so wrong?

For some reason these arrogant bikers on our roads are under the delusion that they actually OWN our roads!  Says who?

Roads are made for cars, trucks, buses – the main modes of labour force transport on our highways.

Pedestrians have to walk on pavements and sidewalks - designated footpaths for their unemployed feet.  Even trains are confined to railway lines, where they belong!

So why is it that we allow bikes on our roads?  Let’s face it, our roads and our lives, have become infested with this biking scourge. 

And if motorcycles weren’t bad enough, then what about these groups of Sunday morning cyclists in skin-tight girls clothes that glow in the dark?  If they aren’t riding 2 or 3 across, blocking the lanes from valid road users, they’re skipping stop signs and red robots and putting society at risk with their utter arrogance!

I have no time for the collective ‘bike rider’.  So I say it again:

Bikers!  Get off our roads!