Another Bike Sale Scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisv

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi guys

We have seen this before - so just for your entertainment.

Junkmail there is the following add placed 17/02 :

R1200GS: 2006. Superb condition. Very low mileage. 1 owner, as new. Always been garaged. BMW installed Remus exhaust (full system) sounds gorgeous get`s Volvo drivers out of the way with a blip of the throttle, original exhaust also included. ABS. Heated grips Engine protectors Just had latest BMW service 100 km ago. Brand new tyres (first set since it was new). High visibility wheel rim strips. Full BMW service history. Never taken off road (I`m not that brave).

Phone 018-8281992 Reply to this Ad by Email
[email protected]

We all know you not getting a 1200GS for that price so was keen to see where this would go and this is the reply :

Hello ,

First of all, i must apologize for the long email that i send you, but i could not explain you the procedure with less words. So please read carefully my proposal because i am sure that you'll find it a safe and fast way to close the deal.
The motorcycle is in perfect condition inside and outside as well,never been implicated in accidents.I never smoke in it and i want to sell it to a serious person.The motorcycle it's not in leasing so you have to pay only this price and nothing more.I have all the papers of the motorcycle and the service book as well.
I must tell you,i just moved with my family in London,united Kingdom and the motorcycle is in South Africa in my private garage .
The motorcycle is registred in South Africa and all the taxes are payed until dec 2010.
I have nobody in South Africa that could show you the motorcycle. I need to come personal to meet you and present the motorcycle.Few days ago a buyer told me that he'll buy the motorcycle, so we must meet in South Africa . I come to South Africa because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and no answer, so I lost money and precious time on his promise. I will not ask you any money in advance (The transaction will be made face to face ), i just want to see that you are a serious buyer.
Here is what I propose:
The service name that we'll use is western union transfers. You must find the nearest Western Union agency (www.westernunion.com or ABSA BANKS ) and you will go there and send the money to your wife,husband or to a best friend at my address in United Kingdom.
Only you and the receiver can have access at the money because you are the sender and the receiver will be your wife,husband or your best friend.(I will pay the western union fees when we will meet)
Only you can pick up the money, so this is no risk on your side.
Once the money is sent, from Western Union they will give you a papers so you need to find a scanner and scan this paper from Western Union and send in me email. In the same day I will buy the flight ticket and I will email you the scanned ticket.(We will verify the motorcycle with a mechanical service and at police to.
I also accept any test.
We will meet in South Africa and we will finish the deal. I will help you to make all papers and obtain temporary plates.If you don't want to buy the motorcycle I will pay the transfer fees(you don`t have anything to loose). I assure you that you will love this motorcycle and you will buy it. It is in perfect conditions.
As you can see from the proposal i made you, this transaction is secure for both of us, because you'll not send me any money in advance, and also i have the insurance that you are a serious buyer.
I think it is better to not inform Western Union that you will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount),also when you go to a Western Union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason you  send the money because here in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the funds. Please say you send the money to your friends or to  your partner.
If you want to convince me to meet without sending the paper as i told you, please don't lose your time and mine, because i am not going to accept any other  transaction.

I wait for your reply.

Thank you!

P.S. You will retract the money when i will meet with you and give me the money for the motorcycle.

So just a heads up - becareful there are lots of skelms out there  ;)

Have a great weekend

:ricky: