Another Newbie from Gauteng

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisv

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Good morning

What an excellent site !

Ive been riding for some years now and only found out about this great site on Sunday from one of the forum members at the Swartkops Track day.  Thanks Ralph. 

At Varsity (paid for my own studies so had no bucks for a car) I rode a Honda XL 185 (paid R 1500.00 for it and it was bullet proof !).

Then after finishing my articles. I bought a KLE 500, what a beauty.

Then sold the KLE and got a red BM 650 Funduro.  Travelled all over on this machine and loved it.  Then my wife and I had to buy a house so the bike had to go.  :mad:

BUT I then became very ill and nearly did not make it because I started getting withdrawal symptoms  :'(  and six months later after looking at what seemed like a thousand F650 GS Dakars (Blue and white flag) I finally found my new baby :

Hidalgo - my 2003 F650 GS Dakar (blue and white - standard) with 16 800 kms on the clock in excellent condition. 

Being a midget at only 1.63 tall / short its a hand full when I have to stop on really bad offroad stuff but then again this bike wheelies like non of my other bikes.

Thanks again for a great site and I look forward to reading all of your posts.

Cheers
Chris 

Latest posts