ATGATT boots - BMW GS Po Rallye 3 vs. Alpinestars Tech 10 vs. Sidi Crossfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakardrix

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I need to get new boots - I have been using a 'cheap' motocross pair for weekend rides, during the week I use a Berik ATV type and change ATGATT kit when I get to work.  However, I have never been happy with the ankle protection offered by either as they would only save skin, not really bone.  And the Berik's in particular is only a year old or so and is starting to fall apart already.  

I am very impressed with a bud who bought some Alpinestars Tech 3's - he doesn't ride nearly as much as I do, but after 2 years they look brand new and he often wears them at work without even swopping shoes.  So I decided instead of buying another 2 pairs of inferior sets, rather buy one good set that I can wear all the time, having non-stop ATGATT ankle protection.

I have fitted the BMW's and was very surprised at the comfort (I'm used to climbing rocks and trees with Moto-X boots while geocaching, so it's all relative), especially with the booty - the trick is to fit one size bigger.  What I don't like is the concept of the extra booty and the fact that the white on the boot gets dirty while just looking at it.  But at about R3,300 (after discount) it is one of the few well-priced BMW stuff.    :mwink:  It's one mean-looking boot as well!

713450038_bRUXJ-L.jpg

The Alpinestars: Tech 3 & Tech 7 are very similar in terms of protection, but does not offer the ankle protection I am looking for, leaving the Tech 10 with booty - awesome fit, obviously the best protection and I really like this sole the most, but I can't even remember the price, too many numbers, R7k something.  And haven't found any real bargains on the internet, but can definitely get to R4k before shipping and whatever local taxes and duties (anyone knows?)

tech10bootblack.jpg
tech10bootieblack.jpg

The one I haven't fitted yet, but looks perfect both in protection and the kind of looks I like, is the Sidi Crossfire.  I like what I read about them and they don't have booties, so that is the 'simplicity' I prefer. Slightly cheaper than Tech 10's, maybe 10-20%  Also I really like their looks, goes well with my red and black bike...   ::)

Sidi-Crossfire-TA.jpg

So what you all think and where can I find a real bargain online?  Don't see much on eBay either...   ???