WINTER ENEMY NO 1 ( WIND CHILL)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I made some mistakes , Preparing for a 10 bike trip into Lesotho in 3 weeks time . So far my kit planning is going well , feet are sorted , warm socks and boots , waist up also sorted , but legs are still a problem area . With the current cold morning it has given me a chance to test ideas . Yesterday turned out a mistake . I have warm leggings , thermal inner and supposedly waterproof outer . Mistake was that it was way to tight making the ride uncomfortable , cold still managed to chill my legs , thinking about it , to many layers , made the pants too tight . Today I tried again , no legging , no inner , fleece lined winter pant and outer riding pant , way more comfortable . ( riding my GSXR to work , very little protection from the elements , hands out in the airstream and so also the legs . Gloves purchased is bedding in nicely , not so tight anymore . but legs are taking a beating . ( wind chill)
Keeping the wind out is the advise all sites give and the"budget" recommended option is always rain pants . I will admit this is not my favourite idea , as rain pants is not made to fit well , waist always need to be pulled up to the chest , fits like a sack , and diff is between the knees , making sitting on the bike awkward . but all this issue with wind chill has me having to look at this option to block the wind .
Will go find a rain suit pant to fit over riding pant , or is I am lucky a nylon one to go inside .
For reference here is a wind chill chart to show how cold it feels at traveling speeds

Attachments

• Motorcycle Windchill.jpg
    Motorcycle Windchill.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 0
  • metricmotorcyclewindchilllow.jpg
    metricmotorcyclewindchilllow.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0