Atlantis planning a ride thread !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Anyone planning a ride in Atlantis for some sand training.. post here.  :thumleft:

Please note: Atlantis is a big place and loads can go wrong. When people organise a ride we accept a few givens.

1) Please carry enough water - I can take in easily1L of fluids an hour.
2) Naturally the sun can get harsh, I recommend sunblock and a sun hat for when you take a rest.
3) I carry a basic medical and tool kit, medical kit is just pain killers, burn shield, plasters etc.
4) I also take along at least one or 2 energy bars, a banana or 2, get prepared just incase something happens and you have a 3 or 4 hour wait in the sun to get recovered.

Although rides and gatherings are planned here please pay attention to the skills of the riders you are planning on riding with and pair up accordingly, always adopt a 'buddy' system if possible unless you have a very good knowledge of the dunes and how to get out by yourself in case of a medical emergency.. A large group of 10 riders or more will probably at some stage split up and regroup numerous times during the ride, before splitting off ask where you will be riding and make sure you are comfortable with the plan. If you are not comfortable with the plan simply ask to be taken back to a central meeting point or back to the road. Either way , please communicate and don't make assumptions.

Please pay attention to who you are following and who is following you and communicate with each other on the basic rules of how you are going to ride, if a rider falls he may need immediate assistance so if you are riding together ensure your gap does not extend too far, take 2 min and allow the gap to close up a bit and carry on, above all apply common sence, if the path splits simply wait for the rider behind you to notice where you are going, if he misses the tuirn he may get lost and worst case scenario get stranded, this can potentially be a very scary situation.

After the ride please do a head count and make sure everyone you were riding with is out of the dunes and accounted for...

Please be aware of the drop offs, as the sun rises they get harder to see, they can catch you out so be careful.