Bellville to Cape Town via a detour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
My girlfriend and I are planning doing a trip in October from Bellville to Cape Town (18km as the crow flies) with two 650GS'.
The route we are taking, in a nutshell and NOT as the crow flies, is from Boston - Bellville (WC) -> Botswana -> Vic falls -> Caprivi then the remainder of Namibia -> CapeTown V&A Waterfront

If you are interested, you can find the details in our Diary >> https://silverwolf.co.za/lifetour/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=1
but I do want to pick your brains as to places of interest you recommend we should/must visit.
If you know people there that we can hook up with or contact, that would also be a huge help.
In particular in Namibia.

Botswana currently merely serves as a "short-cut" to Caprivi with Vic Falls another slight detour as we are already in the area, and SA are trips we will be looking at in the future.

Also:  if anyone in the know can offer some advice about insurance while out of SA as the BMW insurance underwriters only cover for up to 21 Days.