Bike Licence Stuff up..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
This is a copy of the letter I have sent to the Mayors office in Cape Town.. I am fairly annoyed that the state of licence testing is in such a state.

RE: URGENT ASSISTANCE WITH TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT .

Dear Cllr Thompson

On Thursday the 23rd of July I went to the Cape Town Traffic Department to book for my motorbike drivers licence which is required in order to depart on a Trans Africa expedition at the end of August..

After a lengthy wait at enquiries, the clerk said that she could not make my booking until I had a date which was obtainable from a Mr Thomas. I went to Mr Thomas’s office but he was nowhere to be found for another 40min.. eventually I got to speak to Mr Thomas who informed me that he could not give me a date for the exam as he had no idea when they would be able to do it and referred me to the Milnerton Traffic department and told me to speak to a Mr Dunn who would be able to help me.

I went through to the Milnerton Traffic Department and informed Mr Dunn of what happened, I also informed him that this licence was of an important nature as there is a group of South Africans leaving for a Trans Africa motorbike exploration departing on the 26th of August.. months of planning and a lot of money has been spent on making this exploration possible and it is imperative that 2 of our riders get their licences before this date.. we just did not anticipate that it would take 3 months to book a date for the licences.

Mr Dunn informed me that the earliest he would possibly be able to do the test would be in Mid October for bikes and only in 2010 for cars.

I am lost for words that the traffic department is in such a mess and that despite all my efforts I am unable to secure a test for my bike drivers, even more shocking is that the Cape Town Traffic Department cannot even give me a date for the exam yet alone do it in under a month and now the trans Africa trip may have to be cancelled..

I am hoping that the mayor’s office will be able to assist us in being able to solve our problem within the next month of being able to obtain these licences so that we can depart as planned.