Biker 4 Bandanas Sunflower Fund Charity Ride 13 Oct

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisXander

Keyboard Rider
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR400
Mods, can you please make this a sticky till the event?

The M.O.T.H. Motorcycle Association in Gauteng in support of The Sunflower Fund will be assisting in the mammoth task of setting up a Bikers4Bandanas, Miles4Marrow Mass Ride and Fun Day on Sunday, 13th October 2013. The MMA initiated and organized this very successful ride in the Western Cape last year and had over 750 bikers turning up for the first Bandana Bike Run ever at Ysterplaat Air Force Base on the 28th October 2012 and have now offered to do the same in Gauteng.  This will be a NATIONAL ride which will be held on the same day in Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal.

Gauteng, here we come!!!!  We are convinced that we can get OVER 1000 BIKERS to participate from the Gauteng Province alone with the help of Kevin Gradidge (MMA) and as many of you who would be kind enough to assist him. 

We are urging all motorcyclists, young and old to join in on this fun run which will start from four different areas:

Pretoria, West Rand, East Rand and Alberton.

(We will need help from each council based in these areas to set up a registration point, please liaise with
Kevin Gradidge, president MMA on Cell: 078 473 4806 or email: [email protected] if you can assist)

All bikers will drive from the four allocated areas to the  M.O.T.H. Motorcycle Association WARRIORS SHELLHOLE
IN MULDERSDRIFT (N14 Entrance) where braai packs, beer, liquor etc. will be sold.  SAB Miller will organize a stage truck, seating, bars and beer and The Sunflower Fund will organize bands to entertain the crowds throughout the afternoon.

On registering, the bikers will receive a metal badge, cloth badge and bandana for R80 per person.  The Sunflower Fund will have a representative at each location to assist with the registration process and the sticking of yellow stickers onto helmets.  Any assistance from members of the biking councils would be most appreciated.

Kevin Gradidge will assist with the printing of the metal badges, should anyone know who can print cloth badges, please let Kevin or myself know.

Please note that NO OUTSIDE ORGANIZATION will be involved in the sourcing of food, badges etc. these will be sourced within the biking arenas.  Any suggestions or requests can be directed to Kevin Gradidge (MMA) or myself, Ingrid Krul from The Sunflower Fund. 

Any profit made by the MMA on the day will go directly to helping the M.O.T.H. old age villages and pensioners.  Funds raised for The Sunflower Fund will go directly to paying for the very expensive DNA tissue type testing for each donor placed onto the South African Bone Marrow Registry at a staggering R2000 per person? 

The Sunflower Fund will get media and radio to help air the event over September and October 2013.  The Sunflower Fund would love to be given the opportunity to present at your next Council Meeting, should they not have done so as yet.

Once we have information on where the various staring points will be, we can adjust the artwork and send this out to all of you.  Kevin Gradidge welcomes any suggestions to make this ride in GAUTENG the first of many successful rides for The Sunflower Fund.

Info
75% of patients diagnosed with leukaemia and other life threatening blood disorders are under the age of 25. For many patients unable to stay in remission with chemotherapy alone, a bone marrow stem cell transplant becomes a viable treatment option. For most patients the odds of finding their life saving match, within their ethnic group, is 1 in 100 000. Heritage plays a vital role in finding a perfect match. It is therefore critical that we continue to build a national asset to give all young patients a chance at life.

Kindest regards

Ingrid Krul
PR Coordinator - Gauteng
Tel: (011) 781-4200 / Fax: (011) 781-4225 / Cell: 0712077955

Please guys, I ask wholeheartedly that you guys join in and support this noble cause.
My dad is fading away because of cancer so this is a topic close to my heart, and I'm a member of the M.O.T.H Motorcycle Association as well. Were trying to get this off the ground, as well as involved with the Oasis Cottages as mentioned in the above article, my charity part.