BLING KING down but not out - eish!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlingKing

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
So the Bling King happily heads off to the Sabie GS Challenge, the Blue beauty is singing like an angel and I have an awesome mix of music in my sound system........just blerry lekker I choon you!

It was a good trip down to Hazyview since we only left at 14h30 – we were set up tent pitched and alles by just after six!
The awesome thing about the Sabie GS Challenge is the campsite, it just amazes me in it’s beauty and it really gives you a bit a piece as soon as you land.

The other cool part was that Thomas was sending us up to Marieps Kop on the first day! If you haven’t been up there – you have just got to, don’t pencil it in, mark it in big red koki!  :deal: It is really worth the trip up and the view is one of the best in the country.

So I am full of the joys of nature and our beautiful planet and Red Square (non alchoholic) and scooting along at a merry pace dreaming of my first cold wet tchwala.......
Riding through Acornhoek (near the Hazyview/Oerigstad Rd) – the dirt turns to tar, I sit down and slow it up a bit coz there’s an intersection up ahead and I don’t trust ‘A/hoek’ drivers.....

So I come over the blind rise and lo and behold – there is a metre high sand bank right across the whole road, WTF???????? I look for an escape slot but the slipway on the left is now occupied by a skakokoro bakkie, oh shit, nowhere to go!
I klap the back Brembos and resolve to rather lay the bike down than hit the hump head on and basically ended up in a jumble of bits of bike, contents of top box and as it turns out – broken bones.  :eek:

I guess I must be happy for the fact that BMW makes such awesome protective gear otherwise I reckon it could have been a lot worse, but I smashed a couple of bones in my foot to pulp (the Talus and Navicular amongst others) which Dr Barrow has done his best to piece together. He patched it up with some bloudraad, pins, screws, plates, bone graft and a bit of duct tape, it'll be good as new in 3 months!  :thumleft:
Anyway I got out of hospital yesterday, the meds they gave me are awesome dude, so now it is the road to recovery!

Could have been worse I guess!

Attachments

• crash4.jpg
    crash4.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,125
  • crash5.jpg
    crash5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • crash6.jpg
    crash6.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,121