BMW 1100 Parts needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsybaron

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
OK, some of you know I had an accident with my 1100 RT a while ago. BMW quoted me 94k to fix, so the insurance said they won't pay that kind of money to repair a bike worth less than 40k. So I settled for a part payment and I keep the bike, will try to fix it myself.

I'm not worried about the bodywork, I'll be able to make a plan with fibreglass, I'll modify mirrors to fit etc. The windscreen is twisted, and the mechanism adjusting it doesn't work anymore. Brake lever is shot, bar end as well. All of these small problems can be overcome or ignored. BMW charges me R15137.68 for the exhaust..... I'll either have the collector box modified by an exhaust shop, or drop by Anassis Racing and get a quote from them, they are just 15 km up the road from me.

BUT What I really need is the tappet covers and plug covers. Does anybody have a damaged 1100 / 1150 GS that they are willing to strip / sell as spares to me? The 1150 tappet covers, apparently, are the same as the 1100's. According to BMW the right hand side head is also damaged, due to the bike hitting the tar at 100km/h on the rhs, but I'll take that chance. The engine started and idled normally after the accident, albeit for only 5 seconds before I switched it off. (If I can get a complete bike that's missing a front end but with a good engine I won't complain)

PM me if you have / know of a bike I can use as donor. Maybe it'll turn out OK, or it might look like FrankenBike after all the bodywork has been fiberglassed!

Thanks

Jaco