• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW 650 Dakar 2005 parts needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsniper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So i bought a 2005 dakar on wild dog that was supposed to be in good condition but as it turns out it isnt.

I need to replace the following and would like to save some money by not buying from BMW since their prices are incredibly hi.

I need a steering bearing (the one on the bike is incredibly worn)
Front and back brakes pads (they are almost completely gone)
Possibly need a new front brake disk (there is a really bad wobble when braking and im not sure if its the brakes or the disk)
HID bulb mount (the one on the bike is worn and doesnt hold the bulb in place, no big deal, i saw this when i picked up the bike but im not to phased about this one)
front fork seals (the bikes front shocks are very soft)

Please help me out here guys and girls. I have over extended myself on buying this bike to replace my other one and really cant afford to much but i really want to get this bike back to perfect condition.

Also some additional advice would be great, on my 2006 dakar i am getting 22Km/Ltr minimum if i ride like a nut case but on the 2005 im getting no more that 19-20Km/Ltr. anyone got any ideas why the consumption is so hi?

thanks all