BMW Bikefest 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gryshond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I don't know why it took me so long to do a quick ride report, probably all the public holidays that made me lazy.

The trip down was cold but very enjoyable. i started out with a group of riders but at a stage Bruce, Anton and myself wanted to go fast, so we split from the group and went ahead.

The venue at the Midmar Resort is beautiful and the amenities are good.

BMW arrangements as expected were very good and the attendance was good with about 500 people arriving on Friday and Saturday.

The routes that we could ride during the 2 days were very good. Anyone from the area can confirm that there are some stunning dirt and tar routes to take.
I managed to dirty up my brand new bike on Saturday when I went trough a muddy patch too quickly. She was then dirty the whole weekend and looked the better for it. I still can’t believe there are guys who trailer an adventure down and then take a very short tar ride on Saturday and load it back on the trailer. I guess it takes all types.

I met some great people and want to make a special mention of Alan Tweddle (Alpine Al) owner of Bluehaze Country Lodge. He is one of the organizers and sponsors and is also a nice guy as you would expect from a Wilddog. I took some pictures of his quarter horse.

OK these are them

Just a few pics of the great scenery in the area. Note the common theme, man I love my new bike.

Boy Clint's daughter is pretty and she can sing

All in all a very enjoyable weekend