BMW GS ( Eco ) Challenge...or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Being a true blood GS rider, having done some African trips, I was quite shell shocked to find that there was no PROPER GS challenge this year... instead they (BMW ) have gone "green"...Is that just a nother word for pansy assed whimp? When BMW sell you a GS, they also sell you a dream...the offroad adventure, the drive through water, get all muddied up, laugh at your friends for falling down in the mud ( after helping each other up of course), get together and prepare your next offroad adventure riding stuff...then there is also the Ewan And Charley thing that got us all up and going into AFRICA  WE CAN DO IT BETTER THING , and we keep on buying the new GS bikes. Then came the GS chalenge...something new to look foward to...almost exclusively GS, and BMW couldnt keep up, we all had to book way in advance even just to reserve a place for a weekend of rough and tough outdoor fun, and we all loved it...now the :Eco green challenge....who`s idea was that?

Ok, i`ll buy into that, just a few questions concerning the new "Eco" challenge:

1) Will Sasol be supplying the bird watch books?
2) Do we have to take our own binoculars?
3) Do i have to trade my knoblies for Anarchees?
4) What will the prize be for spotting the most birds? ( what bird will feature on the trophy..hadida, dove ect)
5)Can Touratech maby desighn us a bird watching book holder to fit all GS models, maby one that can automaticaly flip the   
page once youre finished
6) What will the special stage challenge be on this "ECO " challenge...fuel consuption, spot the oil leak, how to bore yourself to death, driving miss daisy...
7) Can we maby Ask Garmin to incorperate all bird species so that we can find the bird we have spotted at that location again?

I can safely say that i am very dissapointed at this, and i have only one thing left to say: YOU ARE IN AFRICA...GROW A PAIR...