• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW K100 1983 - looking for help or some parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Good day

I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me.

I was recently in a motorcycle accident with my K100. Luckily all is good, except the bike.  I am taking this opportunity to custom the bike as I have already stripped the entire bike to do some powder coating.  My brother restored a K75 from scratch so he bought a donor bike which he used as spares.  Fortunately for me most of the parts was and is interchangeable, otherwise I could have dumped the bike as new parts ordered from BMW are ridiculously expensive.  The K 75 is a 3 cylinder and the K100 a 4, thus the covers isn't interchangeable.

Now, I need 2 parts:
1.  Back brake master cylinder
2.  If one is sitting on the bike, right side engine cover.  Unfortunately mine cracked, even though the crack is minor or minuscule, keeping in mind the material properties of Aluminium in combination with vibrations that will be induced... the crack would just propagate and grow.

If there is someone that can advise me or point me in a direction (for a scrapped donor bike or the two parts), I would deeply appreciate it.

I am still a student, so my budget is constrained...so please keep that in mind.

Find attached a photo of the engine cover I need.
And here is a photo or two of the soon to be custom bike.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• k1006.jpg
    k1006.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 68
  • $T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGkzBQ8yw)hOuw~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGkzBQ8yw)hOuw~~60_57.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 68