BMW recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Before I carry on let it be known that I am a BMW fanatic when it comes to the 2 wheel machines! :thumleft: Recently I had my R 1200 RT, 2005 model serviced for it's 50 000 km service. The feul gauge monitor device in the tank also needed replacing as it went dud shortly before I took it for the service. On completion at the BMW dealer I road the bike home over a distance of approximately 200 km.  The next morning I discovered that the bike had a feul leak and contacted the dealer.  Long story short - they sent out a mechanic and had the bike recovered and the problem fixed at no cost. The service received from them was as expected.
I thought at the time that I was an isolated case but not 2 weeks later I read in a News 24 article that BMW America had 50 000 BMW bikes recalled for the exact same reason my bike developed it's feul leak. This is a known situation to BMW SA that this problem does exist and that most BMW models are affected within the 2005 - 2011 model range. There is a small possibility that bikes in this year model range can develop this problem.  According to te article the situation was rectified on models after the year 2011.
I am posting this to make everyone aware of the fact and be well informed. Thanks.