Bosveld weekend - Rebel style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
As the end of the year sneaks up we decided to squeeze in a last weekend before we split up for the holidays.  Francois kindly offered his Family Farm as a destination and plans were made to get our usual group up and out there…
The weekend was a busy one and Cocky and Kierie could not make it as they had to move house.. Veldbrand was already snowed under and Fox was in no condition to ride dirt although he came and said cheers… riding with that broken leg .. again !!!  Carrots was at a work thing and Ploegskaar and a few others could not get a “pass” from their SWAMBO’s…
Anyway  the four of us who left early on Friday met at the usual spot outside Pretoria and as I mentioned .. Fox came to see us off…
The group was Jules ( Julian ) ,  myself , Sumbitch ( Riaan) and Swifty ( The Orange Assassin ) … we soon jumped of the tar and headed for Brits.. we followed a route that we plotted and we managed a 80% dirt ratio and a few bits of tar…
Here are some pics…
DSCF6611.jpg

DSCF6610.jpg

After a while Jules had a flat in fairly nice surrounds..
DSCF6616.jpg

Riaan on his new bike and on his first ever dirt ride… working hard to push the GS through the sand.
DSCF6618.jpg

Near Assen we started to encounter the first standing water puddles after the rain… and Swifty seen here  made a few spectacular “crossings”…
DSCF6620.jpg

DSCF6621.jpg

Just after this I ran out of fuel and could siphon some from Riaan to get going again… we stopped at the Koekepan in Rooiberg for a few cold ones…
DSCF6630.jpg

DSCF6631.jpg

DSCF6633.jpg

Friday afternoon we were joined by Shabangu ( Janis ) and Jou Pa ( Jan ) who drove up as Janis is still waiting for the 11 screws that the kwack gave him in his shoulder to heal properly.  Later Francois and Bender ( Riaan ) also arrived as they still had to work…  Johan arrived even later in the evening from far , far away….  The evening pretty much went downhill from there…
DSCF6649.jpg

DSCF6654.jpg

DSCF6639.jpg

Saturday we were up early and did a 300Km loop around some gamefarm and ended going over Bakkers Pass…
DSCF6663.jpg

DSCF6671.jpg

DSCF6674.jpg

DSCF6679.jpg

DSCF6688.jpg

DSCF6692.jpg

We were again plagued by a couple of flats and on our return we had a good swim and the usual beverages….
DSCF6696.jpg

DSCF6693.jpg

There was a game drive…
DSCF6712.jpg

DSCF6714.jpg

DSCF6716.jpg

DSCF6719.jpg

Dishes and more drinking…
DSCF6711.jpg

Sunday morning everyone packed up and “slabbed” it home as they had other commitments…  The “Orange Assassin” and me took the long route home…
On the way we met Peter and his son Darren who are planning an epic African trip.  They were loaded to the hilt and doing a shakedown ride to test gear etc.
DSCF6731.jpg

DSCF6733.jpg

DSCF6732.jpg

Homeward bound… and yet another f*&$* flat tyre…
DSCF6734.jpg

DSCF6739.jpg

DSCF6740.jpg

DSCF6742.jpg

Lekker weekend…..