Bots or Nam with a 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
This may not be completely a bike trip planning thread but what the heck. So some of my family and I are planning on doing a trip north of the boarder in late December for around a week. This really would be a first for us together and haven't done something like this for a very long time now (Ponte do Ouro does not count). The brief is simply we looking for a area/place to go to in either Nam or Bots (or maybe very close to the boarder) that won't take massive distances (read multi day trips) to get to, have some activities to do (fishing (?), game viewing, etc.), not overly difficult 4x4 routes (read novice drivers and not very kitted 4x4's), have some lodging/accommodation (no "roughing it" camping) and a little off the beaten track. What would anyone suggest?

This will somehow coincide with my trip by bike straight afterwards. Basically take the bike with me wherever it is we go and either ride a long (14 day) loop into northern Namibia/Botswana and back to the car and drive home later
or
Make the same loop but head straight home having had someone else drive the car with trailer  back home.

So it be great if where ever we go the bike could come with, without too much hassle.