broken wheel hub, what to do? can i still ride?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert dueler

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
morning chaps.

Need some help and advise here. quite a few months back my speedo stopped working, i assumed it was the little gear thing in the hub. I then bought a trail tech VAPOUR as it worked out the same price as buying a new speedo hub. the VAPOUR lasted 5 days and was stolen.
I then bought a 2nd hand speedo hub from ebay.co.uk for GBP 20 and a friend posted it over. why i did not do that earlier i dont know.

So this weekend i took off my wheel to put on my new hub and found this in side the speedo hub.....  :eek7:

see PICTURE 1 & PICTURE 2

I looked around the hub to locate the area that these pieces came from and could not find it until i was about to put the wheel on a noticed this:

see PICTURE 3, PICTURE 4 & PICTURE 5

the "c" clamp is only being held in place  by 2 surviving pieces of hub, in the red circles and the arrows indicate where the pieces have cracked off.

First thing, how iunsafe is this to ride? I have been riding it like this for about 2 or 3 months already.   ???

Secondly, where can i get a front wheel hub, I phoned Kawa Cape Town and a new one is 4100 Ronts!!!!!!! which i dont want to pay cause i really want a new camel tank!

Third thing.....any one have a buckled KLR wheel to sell me.

Forth.........Advicee, please! not sure what to do here.

thanks

Attachments

• PICTURE 1.jpg
    PICTURE 1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 232
  • PICTURE 2.jpg
    PICTURE 2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 239
  • PICTURE 3.jpg
    PICTURE 3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 235
  • PICTURE 4.jpg