Bye Bye Transalp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admiral D

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Hi Guys

I'm sorry to say and feel but my little blue Alp is no more...
One Thursday morning on my way to work here in Bloem some ass in a Suzuki Swift took a gap he should not have, and with that i'm into his driver door. I'm not quite sure if I went over the car or bounced, but landed hard. Trying to get up... I decided just to lay down for a bit more.

It happened close to the nurses collage, I was barley on the ground and there was people by my side, telling me to lay still and don't move my head. witch I did, someone called the ambulance and they did the drill of checking all & neck after they were happy they said okay get up. Where in the meantime some guys moved the bike to the pavement... I haven't seen the damage to the bike, from there its paperwork & hospital luckily nothing broken just soft tissue damage.

But its funny we know the Cartoon of the Guy in full body cast & asking the docter is the bike okay... well that how I felt.

So from there, had a week of crutches then a kierrie (and its not as cool as House MD make it look)

After the weekend, a went to go and have a look at the bike  :-[  See attached...

So then the insurance said its a Write-off (Like one of my friends said - 'nou is al daai memories in sy moer in'

So Ja, be careful out there, People are stupid & take chances.

Derik

Attachments

• 20150909_132618.jpg
    20150909_132618.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 563
  • 20150909_132647.jpg
    20150909_132647.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 560