CEDERBERG ADVENTURE BIKE CHALLENGE 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennielowe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
CEDERBERG ADVENTURE BIKE CHALLENGE

22-25 OCTOBER 2009
BIEDOUW VALLEY WESTERN CAPE

The first Cederberg adventure bike challenge (CABC) concluded this past weekend in the Cederberg.
Bikes in attendance: 95
People in attendance: 122

Untitled-3.jpg

Day 1

The CABC started on Thursday the 22nd with most of the riders arriving the late afternoon and some after 23:00 that evening. The fun already started just arriving trough the decent, stone sand and water.

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

Day 2

The fun started the next day with a green, orange and red routes leaving the camp after breakfast at 09:30. The groups were riding together with a leader and a sweeper as safety is our main concern, the area in which the event takes place has no cell phone reception for 40km and so we decided that the riders has to stick together.
All had great fun and the photos are testament that the guys enjoyed themselves on the rides.
IMG_5523.jpg
IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

Our resident photographer could only get the guys on the red route having fun in the sand but I am sure the guys will post their picks from the other rides.

After the rides returned to camp the first leg of the skills challenge was done and this proved to be a great test off the abilities of the riders, sand, sand and more sand.

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

After a long day in perfect riding weather the guys relaxed in the water and had a few cold ones for the thirst. The evening’s party was great with Andre Michael setting the tone for us with some guitar music around the fire. The girls did great in the skills challenge and received their prizes.

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

Day 3

Saturday was a big day and after breakfast the groups left on their perspective rides in the beautiful Cederberg. The orange and red was a particularly challenging with a good combination of sand and stone. Lets just say that everybody was challenged and everybody got something great out of it. The skills challenge final started a bit late but all worth the wait, only 10 bikes were in the final competing for the Old mutual cup. Leon put together a very special course in a very beautiful setting on the farm. The course was very challenging and the emphases were on save the bike and help your mate.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_7719-1.jpg

IMG_7571-1-1.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

The evening was the big party and the prize giving; there were only 5 bikes that completed both days off the red route, a testament of how challenging it was.

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

The skills challenge results was as follow:

1. Mark van Rensburg (The trophy is going to Northern Transvaal!!!!)
2. Micheal Kotze
3. Derrick van Rensburg

Congratulations guys!!!!

Day 4

Sunday morning the camp was up early to prepare for the roads home and there were guys from all over the country the furthest were JHB and PE, hope they all got back safe and sound.

IMG_7421.jpg

The planning for next year is already in progress and we will post the date soon, the event will be capped at 150 bikes so don’t be late in booking your spot.

From the organizers at Motorradadventures we would like to thank all that participated and to all our partners thanks for making this event a great success.

Partners:

Old mutual (Gerrit Agenbag)
Wild@Heart (Johan)
Suzuki Vredenburg (Malan)
Xtreme Fitment center (
Droomers Yamaha (Dave)
KTM Cape Town (Donald)
R2H (Kobus)
I Warehouse (John)
Custom vinyl

I have loaded a album of about 200 picks on the link below but we have about 3000 photos for the weekend, order your DVD from me and the individual prints we will let you know when they are all live on the photographers site.

https://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/hennielowe/2009%20CABC%20PHOTOS/?albumview=slideshow

Special note

I wish to thank my whole teem for all their hard work over the weekend and before to make this event a success. I would like to say that any one person is only as strong as the team behind him and i have a very good team, thanks guys you know who you are :3some: