CEDERBERG RIDE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Help needed.
We are planning a ride in the Cederberg for the last weekend in September.
The basic intended route will be: Middelpos to Wuppertal via the Calvinia - Clanwilliam road, taking the turn-off at Engelsman se Graf. From Wuppertal via Katbakkies and Gannagapas back to Middelpos.
We know the route from Middelpos to Wuppertal, I was just wondering about the passability of the low level bridges, as I heard that that area had quite a lot of rain.
Our big concern is the possible routes from Wuppertal, as we would prefer not to use the same route back. What is the present condition of the road from Wuppertal to Cederberg Oasis, and what can we expect in about a month's time? If that route is not possible, will the route crossing the Doring river at SAS Willehond be rideable?
The condition of Gannaga will be confirmed with the locals, as Madie grew up in that area.
Madie and I will be on 2 x BMW F800GS, and although we are relatively expierenced gravel riders, mud and tricky river crossings are not really 'our thing'. We will also have friends doing the trip in a 4x4, but as they are in their 60's and the husband has a polio leg we don't want to put them at any risk.
Any help and info will be appreciated.