Changing tyres and back to the office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divot

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
The worst nightmare happened to me..
I am planning a long road only ride with the Triumph crowd later this month. I thought I would change my E07 to my original scorpion's and save the unnecessary ware and tear on the E07, this has been in my mind for a while. The time is getting close so this morning I load the scorpions that were in storage in the wife's car and ask her to drop them off at Trac Mac in Paarden Eiland. I meet her there with the tyres and ask them to do the change for me. This was quick and easy and they were as friendly as hell.

The cost of the change was R240 well worth all the hassle of doing it myself. I went back an Hour later to pick up the Tiger with it's new shoes on. I walk in and she ready to go, but before I could pay I get a few questions from customers. They were asking questions on the bikes handling and performance, which I am only to happy to answer, almost to the point of a brag.

I pay with a great smile one happy customer. I start the her up and all the customers that I was interacting with standing watching me leave. I look left look right all clear I  turn right like I have down a 1000 times before and before I know it I am on my arse.. The tyres were still new and they just spun from underneath me.. I know that I should know this I do, I said to myself to take it easy. Any way they the same bunch of customers that I was bragging too comes running out and help me to my feet. WOW that was embarrassing.. I never got up and ride away so gingerly before.. I now have a proud roastie on my right arm as I only work 200 m away I did not put on my jacket on.
lesson learned.