Changing Tyres, remember to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kortbroek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
...LUBE the F*#king tyre bead  :BangHead:

I'm posting this as advice/warning/wakeup to others like myself that don't change tyres themselves on a regular basis. After some minor frustration with a tyre that wouldn't go back on the rim and after a bit of a sweat, my stupid Friday afternoon mind remembered to fetch the Sunlight liquid/water mix and LUBE THE BEAD  :lol8: . Of course after that it slipped on with ease  :xxbah: . At least I was being careful enough to not damage the rim or the tyre, hence the sweat. Then of course just to add to the fun, I forgot that it is just about impossible to get a heavy duty tube inside the wheel with the tyre halway on the rim  :xxbah: so it was back off with the tyre, get the tube in and back on the rim.

Just goes to show you actually need to practice these things every now and then. I reckon it's been almost 3 years since I've fitted a tyre myself because 1) convenience at the tyre shop and 2) I haven't had a flat tyre in AGES.