CHEAP commuting-PGO/BWS/CD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PjT

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
OK, I am looking at getting a cheap (max R5k) set of wheels to commute (home, office, and back etc.). Has to be a fuel saver. Wife and I share one car, and with her new job she needs it more than I do, and it is crazy admin to "swap" the car between the two of us.

Will not be commuting very long distances to work and around town (for fun of course).  O0

Right, the options I am investigating so far are:

BWS 100
2007%5C07%5C12%5Cbikepics-960341-320.jpg

PGO 110 Naked
pgo-pmx-naked.jpg

HONDA CD 200
cb200.jpg

I have searched in Junkmail, GUmtree, Bikefind etc., and has seen that all three of the above are available within the R5k range. Not puh-lenty, but they're there!!!

I am interested in a BWS / PGO, because
(A) 2stroke (nom nom nom!)
(b) I still have MX lid, and don't want to fork out another grand or so for road helmet, and these scoots go well with the Mx lids.  
(c) Oh ja, and because these scooters look like ALOT OF FUN!!!    :ricky:

The CD200 on the other hand, might not go down so well with MX Lid,.....but I just like the look of those delivery bikes, and they are like KDX's : B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F!

Opinions / Suggestions / comments?

Also, what is seen as TOO MANY km's on a scoot like the BWS / PGO?  10,000km, 20,000km?

ps. I am not in the position to buy right now, most likely only in month or so (touch wood  ;) )