Chicken s#$t or normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cisco kid

I would like to find out what you okes think? I bliksemmed off my bike about a month ago due to some diesel disguised as rain water on the road. Nothing serious, just twisted ankle, swollen shins, bruises etc etc. Now, my problem is this, I have not been happy on my bike again, been on it about 4 times, and once down the N1 to town in the traffic. But I seem to have lost my nerve completely, is this normal? If I keep riding, will my nerve return? What were your experiences like after the fact?

I have even gone to the point of trying to sell the bike, but am now reconsidering, not to sure if just over reacting.

Is this perhaps the big differentiator between the true biker and commuter like me (considering I have never riden a bike before, only taught myself in Nov 2008 and I am 46), i.e. the true biker is prepared to take the knocks and live with the risks, and the commuter, once he/she hits the risks face down, pulls out?

Opinions please