Coastal Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poundfoolish

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi fellow forum members I'm Poundfoolish from East London (The one in ZA not in England land)
Currently I run a workshop that does forest and garden equipment.
Im 28
Married and have one child,a baby girl.
I grew up on a farm on the Rhodes side of Maclear at the foothills of the Southern Drakensberg mountains.

I've been into motorcycles as far back as I can remember the seed being sown by my dad's Kawasaki KL250 farm bike (which was bought brand new from the shop I currently work at funny enough).
For my 10th birthday I got my first bike a Kawasaki KDX80,this bike got me hooked for life,I would love to know how many litres of fuel I used in the time Ive had this bike.(I still have it and it still puts a smile on my face)

The other bikes Ive owned in no particular order:
Kawasaki KDX200
Kawasaki KX250
Yamaha YZ400
KTM 300EXC
Honda CRF230 (wifes)
Kymco Grand king 125
Kawasaki ZX4
Kawasaki ZX636
Kawasaki ZX10
Suzuki Vstrom DL1000
BMW F650GS Dakar
Yamaha FZ1S (Second Gen)
Honda CBR1000RR

I still have the CBR but Im looking to sell it and get an ADV bike,which sounds simple enough,but as it turns out Im finding it damn near impossible to find a bike with just right amount of compromise.
So far Ive test ridden the R1200GS and F800GS.Id still like to try the Triumph tiger 800,the Yamaha Super Ten and even tho Id have to find a really good deal on one to afford it Id like to try the KTM 1190 Adventure (the standard one,Im too short for the R).

Anyway thank you for allowing me to join the forum Im sure there is alot of information to be gained from being a part of it.