Connecting LED spots and using other headlight bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
So time to upgrade the lighting has come.  HID kits are a no go because BMW says it will void all warranty claims on the harness and ALL things electric. This was also a route I decided against because of what I had read on other forum threads.

He also reckons that replacing the bulb is not preferred because aftermarket bulbs can run too hot.  I was thinking about the Phillips X-Treme Vision bulbs. Who has experience with these and are they recommended?

As for LED spots I got a quote from BMW to fit the spots from them. All inclusive they tell me it will cost about R8k. Obviously I will not be going that option.
They did say though that if I get a good kit and connect it via the battery using a relay and a fuse box then warranty should be fine on all electrics. I was hoping to not spend more that R2000-2500. Any suggestions about lights in that price range and the method of connecting them?
I want visibility (always running if want) and practicality at night. I understand the price range limits options but best solution in your opinions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk