Country Trax Wild Dogs Training day at Nelsons Creek 4 Sept 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynet

Grey Hound
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Please guys ( Bus etc ) please post fodies , I know you took some  ;)

What a great training day ,  thanks Country Trax!!! , and thanks also to Nelsons Creek for having us there , the farm is so perfect for the training .   :3some:

We were about 30 wilddogs there . Lourens took the enduro guys, and he gave them a PROPER work out by the looks of it !  ::), I wonder if they could walk after all of that   :mwink:

The rest of us were divided into three smaller groups of about 6/7 each . The County Trax trainers were all excellent , all very experienced, and yet each one so patient :  Leon Kroukamp ,head trainer at Country Trax Cape Town, Wayne Sheppard, who did so well at the recent GS Challenge, on his 1200 adventure , and Johan from Wild at Heart bike gear shop in Milnerton, on his orange GS800. :thumleft:

I was in Leon's group , we were the group who had done training before. We were spared doing endless cones which is good for one , but strenous! Instead we did quite a bit of track riding and exploring which was lekka  :thumleft:

I also learnt exciting new techniques , amongst other things : power -sliding , power-braking , how to turn my bike around faster by leaning the bike and dropping my clutch , ( none of them successfully yet , I must add) , and learnt how one should ride mud and water crossings  properly . And how was THAT last mud crossing , the one that the enduro guys messed up for us right and proper,  :biggrin: >:D  haha when I saw Leon nearly go down I knew we were in for BIG K#K , and so we were, besides Leon ,only one guy made it , on the Trans Alp ? ( have I got that right ?) besides of course the enduro guys earlier , but they are anyway in a different league to the rest of us, up there with the angels , of hoe Mr Big  ?   8) :mwink:

All in all a great day  :biggrin: I had plenty of fun, and it was good to meet the other dogs , old and new faces  :D

Thanks to the ladies who catered, and to Ettiene for arranging the great day  :3some:

It doesn't matter how much training I do on Country Trax courses , I always learn so much . One of the things I learnt in power sliding is how much more I can push the bike and not fall off . I discovered that off -road  I am too careful , too hesitant, so I need to learn to ride more agressively.  So I started practising that yesterday already , when I rode the alternate route to Darling , and it works.   :thumleft: When the conditons are most scary, I should ride the most agressively    :ricky:

I even killed a pheasant with my shoulder yesterday , you mess with me , you end up dead , haha :imaposer: