Cronos Is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cronos

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Hello Wild Dogs!!!

I have been keeping a eye on Wild Dogs for some time now and I also follow the antic's and rides of Leon very closely.  He always made me so want to just sell the wife, the kids and the car, then go out and buy a GS  >:D

Alas, that never happened and I actually do love the wife and kids.  Anyhow, over the years I looked and drooled and one day, not so long ago, about 4 weeks or so, the wife and I started talking.  My first bike, my Lady Pearl - Yamaha FZR 1000cc and a 1987 model, has been getting on in years and as I was no longer riding her due to a gearbox problem, I decided to advertise her and lay her to pasture.  Got a guy come in and take the old girl off my hands.  This then opened up a space in my garage. 

The time had finally come for me to look at an upgrade.  Now at first I only had eyes for the Honda CBF600.  Man what a sexy looking bike in RED.  Problem, Honda are discontinuing them and the last batch they received were all black.  Saw the dream crumble before my eyes.  :mad:

I decided to give it one last go and pulled into Honda.  :-\

I went and I sat on the CBF and it was great.  She felt right, but still I could not get over the Black.  I don't like Black bikes.  Also in my wish list for a new bike was ABS.  This was even more important than colour.  Now even here I had no luck as this Black CBF was stock standard with NO ABS. ???

OI

Next thing my wife and Dionne - sales rep - get's me to jump on another bike :eek:

Yes, I sat on Goldylocks.  Not my first choice but when I heard that

1 - She has full ABS front and rear
2 - Has a bullet proof motor (tried and tested)
3 - Was on Special
4 - Would be on the market for many moons to come
5 - And she was on SPECIAL

I was sold.  Almost started the paper work there and then.  I got them to add in the Top Box, nice 52L Givi.  This thing is as big as a boot  :mwink:  They fitted Heated grips for me free of charge and on the delivery day, they gave me a full tank of gas.

My first reaction when I got on her for the first time, after buying her, was Damn she is big!  Keeping in mind I got of my Honda CBX250 Twister and was only ever used to the FZR and her Low to the ground seating position.  This felt like I just got on to a Monster truck, not a bike.

After riding her a while I must admit she is not all that big, but she is fa nominal!!  By far the best bike, after the Twister  :ricky:  I have ever ridden.

She now also opened up a whole new world to me she did.

My Goldylocks.... (The name Given to her by my wife because of her Golden rims)

Kindly give her a warm Welcome

My Baby - Goldy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts