Dakar / South America 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted gp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hey all,

I am planning a trip to follow the Dakar/ do my own trip from 26 Dec 2011 to 25 Jan 2012.

I am offering some container space for the trip for anyone else wanting to ride South America.

So here is the deal:

I will be shipping a 20ft container from JHB to Beunos Aires early November (still to be confirmed on date) to arrive in Beunos Aires before Christmas (Around the 20th Dec 2011). the container will be delivered to my premises for stuffing where customs will inspect and seal the container under my supervision so no theft happens in S. Africa. I am trying to get the container held till the 26th Dec at the shipping agents yard in Beunos Aires for us to be present at opening with Customs so we can make sure everything is safe, I however don't feel their will be a theft problem in South America at Customs.

The container will be leaving Lima on the 27th Jan 2012. it will need to be packed on the 25th Jan, and once again be sealed by customs under our supervision, and will arrive back in jhb around 4-6 weeks later where it will be road freighted to our shipping agent in JHB and opened by customs in jhb under our supervision.

The shipping and clearing cost will be about R65k -R70k for the container.

I am offering 5 places at R8000 each. All this gets you is a ride in the container. All documentation for the Carne/ export/ import of your bike and Once in South America all plans, route and arrangements are your own responsibility. I will assist in helping get documents etc, but will not play nurse maid to anyone.

If people are not able to do the full month. I will gladly unload their bike in Beunos Aires and get the shipping agent to store it till your arrival.
Same with going home, I will gladly load your bikes in the container to ship home if you make sure it is at the shipping agents yard before 25 Jan 2012.

If anyone is interested in this opportunity please email me or phone me on

[email protected]
082 787 7112

Thanks