Di's journey ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Di

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Lesson 1 ... I'm so excited! I've booked my first lesson with Malcom of Biker Bravado in Randburg ... My man rides but I don't want him to teach me yet as I don't want this to end in tears ... Don't get me wrong - I adore my man Alan, but I'm a Saggi and things could turn ugly ....

I'm terrified!!! What if I can't get this right? I've got so many emotions gushing out all at once ... Fear, excitement, tummy churning nausea, determination ...

I asked Alan to take me to my lesson on his bike cos the minute the engine starts up I relax, slow my breathing, and feel at ease ... All's gonna be ok ...

Lesson 1 is an hour long and Malcolm gets me feeling comfortable sitting on the bike while he explains the basics ... This is the clutch, this is the foot brake, this is the hand brake ... It's a 200cc and I feel like I can hold it up without any difficulty when stationary ... Some may say I'm being a real girl, but let me tell you a little bit about myself ... I'm 165cm (5ft5 ;)) ... I'm turning 50 next month ... I'm a granny! (Should granny's even be doing this?!)

I'm so excited! This is the first time I've ever even sat on a bike on my own ... I should have done this years ago!!! I can't wait to go back to Alan to tell him what I've done ... I LOVE this ...

Malcolm explains a task to me and gets me to follow through on the bike ... I'm gonna do this!! I so badly want to do this ...

All too soon it's all over and I've got to wait a whole week for my next lesson ... See you next week!