disobient electrics on the KLR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonless

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Greetings Forum!

So my beautiful sleek sexy red ride, hereafter referred to as Spoon-Lass) recently just ticked past 40 thousand km. In celebration I ramped over a curb enroute to the petrol station and then could not convince her to start.

The symptoms seem very similar to those Steyn reported: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=30433.0 Sadly there was no reolution on that thread.

Initially things seemes fine the headlight taillight and neutral light were all on, but depressing the starter button caused only a a loud click from the left of the bike and then everything went dead. After some time the lights would return only to be silenced by the click again.

After pushing Spoon-Lass the 500m to my house, I removed the seat and checked the batteries and fuses. The battery was at 12.6V not bad considering I had been using heated grips, and both fuses seemed unblwon and measured zero ohms resistance.

So other than removing the tank and checking for loom abrasions and shorts, cleaning the contacts and replacing the fuses just incase they have marginal hairline breaks, what does the forum suggest?