Don't ride without a plate in PTA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pieter Sielie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Got stopped at a roadblock just after 23:00 tonight. Very long story short, my bike was impounded and me being new in PTA with zero friends nearby I started to walk home. Luckily someone came driving up the wrong way in a one way and got stopped by a police car. So I waited for them to finish and told the policeman what had happenned and that I feel unsafe having to walk alone in the dark, will they take me home?

Well, I then told them that I have nobody to call for help, will they wait for me to get my plate at home and take me to the pound? Can you believe it, they took me there and waited to see if the bike would be released! I was so grateful.

So I got my bike back at 00:20 and on my way home got stopped again! Luckily this guy remembered me from the roadblock and that the bike had been impounded and let me go. Couldn't wait to just park my bike in the garage!

P.S My numberplate was really stolen/have fallen off after being riveted (yes, I also don't know how) and I had a new plate made, but didn't have time to get it riveted back on.