DOWN TO THE DAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
DOWN TO THE DAM

Received a call from my buddy Frenchie early Saturday morning wanting company for a ride he had planned to the best pie shop in the Eastern Cape but Buddha  and myself had already planned going down to the dam something we had tried before but never made it due to Mike R breaking his BM
Buddha to the rescue the only diesel mechanic I know that can work on BM

MIKE%20BIKE%20DAMAGE%20005.jpg

At the start of a really great ride

DSCF0218.jpg

The fact is we will all die but guess what some will never live

The best way to build a fence from used tires, this fence measured 9.7km 3 tire high

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

Riding into the very peaceful town of Steytlerville

DSCF0244.jpg

Breakfast at the Royal Hotel of David Kramer Fame

DSCF0248.jpg

My china they serve the best bikers breakfast one can get Buddha had the full goodies twee baie lang vorse en eggs and all the rest, Frenchie must have phoned ahead all I got was two eggs and a flower

DSCF0247.jpg

Arriving at Skilpadfontein in the back ground is the only house in the area

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

We were told by the farmer that the Kudu head has been there for three generations

DSCF0260.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

There I stood in front of the house that Buddha owned voor hy bankrot gespeel het en dorp toe getrek het

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

Darlington Dam\ Lake Mentz

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

My uncle nou is ons veer van die huis af

How strong the water flows this photo was taken about 3 k,s from the dam
DSCF0303.jpg

There are great deal of track\roads that have been closed by the Addo Board but the area still allows for real great dirt riding just so much to see

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

Noddy the story book oak has also been in the area or maybe my china Horsy left it there when he relocated to Joeburg  a real Noddy car

DSCF0310.jpg

There is so much to see right on our door steps our return journey took Buddha and myself down the old Cape Road as we approached Parsons Vlei which is an area being developed I was forced to take one more photo     
China what a dish                                             

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg