Drunk pedestrians - be careful out there....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikerider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Please be very careful of drunk pedestrians. Yesterday we were on our way back from a weekend at Kambati and just before the Stormsvlei turnoff, this nice old classic BMW came cruising by. I was driving behind a friend, both of us towing off-road caravans. Next thing I see a pedestrian lying smack bang in the middle of the N2 right in front of me. At the same time I could still see the biker sliding across the tar and his bike sliding off the road.

My friend had full view of the incident. If only the pedestrian stood still but a duck and dive started between biker and pedestrian now in the middle of the road ending in the pedestrian with a shattered leg and some head injuries. The biker was goed de moerin but he was very lucky to be alive. He had some eina tar burns and the pispot helmet could not prevent part of his face hitting the tar. His shoulder was also buggerd but we could not see how bad. My wife treated the wounds on his hands…no gloves.

Riding the open roads on a bike is great but you must understand that help takes a long time to reach you. We waited until the back up vehicle and trailer arrived and loaded the bike for him. The ambulance took very long to arrive and were more focused on the pedestrian. After giving all his details to the police. The biker left with the support vehicle and trailer. We got a whatsapp last night that he is ok and would be seeing a doctor this morning.

My face looks like a tomato from spending 2 hours in the sun on the N1.. :(. I will post a picture of the bike later.