• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

DRZ462 for sale: R38000 * SOLD *

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torque Curve

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I am putting this DRZ462 up for sale with confidence after covering 1800km since rebuilding the engine. Rebuild was done by myself and can be read here:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=105665.80

Within the limits of a new motor I've been trying to give feed-back on the performance of the DRZ462 which can be read here:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=115252.0

New 45mm-core Oval Cowley exhaust: The largest available oval cannister was fitted to provide maximum muffling while allowing sufficient exhaust-flow for this motor. The jetting was changed to suit the new exhaust.
I also machined the upper triple clamp to allow the handle bar risers to be bolted more forward and directly onto the upper clamp in line with the tops of the shocks. This gives approx. 20mm more space between the seat and bars. (see third pic)
The bike looks and performs beautifully and someone else needs to use and enjoy it now.

New parts include the following:
+4mm Cylinder Works barrel with Vortex forged piston
+4mm Hot Rods crank shaft and con-rod
Hot Rods side bearings
Wiseco stainless inlet and exhaust valves
Kibblewhite valve stem seals
OEM timing chain
All bearings, gaskets and seals
New battery
Maxxis MaxxCross IT tyres
Used parts:
Head from 2001 DRZ400E with inlet and exhaust camshafts. The valve seats and -guides, cam journals and bearings were all meticulously measured and found to be as good as new so I installed the head with confidence. This head was still fitted with factory spec. shims which I could re-install for spot-on valve clearance on the Wiseco valves!

Other:
Serviced front suspension
Serviced rear suspension linkages
Professionally serviced and re-gassed rear shock
TwinAir filter
Pro Taper fat bars
Cycra hand guard clamps
LED tail lamp
New indicators.
Original yellow and black seat cover re-fitted.
The bike will be sold with road worthy certificate.

It was first registered on 10 Jan 2006, so its a 2005 year of manufacture.
R38000

Attachments

• 100_3149.JPG
    100_3149.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 964
  • 100_3155.JPG
    100_3155.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 100_3154.JPG
    100_3154.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 100_3152.JPG