EC BASH - Another Recce ride - Doornkloof Baviaans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
I wanted to see what Doornkloof looks like and any excuse to ride is a good one. Nemodakar agreed to go with me and Boere decided his not missing out on a wet Baviaans.

It had rained a lot and there had been a bit of flooding in the Kloof, so we knew this would be a wet one… just how wet we had no idea.  :eek7: Let me just say… I used to have issues with water-crossings… I’m over it !  :ricky:

It was up at dassie-piss to meet Nemo(XR650L) and Boere(HP2) in Hankey. I’ve always wanted to take a fotie from the top of the hill above Hankey

We expectantly set off and hit the first water crossing at the first drift…Grootrivier near Cumbria, and it was flowing strong. I shat myself and never even thought of taking a fotie . Just get to the otherside. I could feel the water pushing the bike. At the gate they told us we won’t get through Smitskraal. We’ll see. Every driffie had water. I’d never seen so much water in Baviaans. Yee-Ha !

On we went up Combrinks Pass. My weapon of choice for the day. This is just plainly a lekker bike, no nonsence, go anywhere.

Sorry that there’s so little foties(Nemo has more), but my focus was just… WATER-CROSSINGS. By the time we got to Smitskraal we were soaked. For some reason I was in front and had to test all the crossings.

The approach at Smitskraal

I see you too, now get out the way so I can get this over with !

We decided I would go through first and take pics of Nemo and Boere as they came through(For the fall you see. Can’t miss that) On the way back later we would swop around so Nemo can get pics of me coming through.(As it would turn out, we were so gatvol of being wet we did not ride back through the Kloof, but took the Long Way Around the R62… enough’s enough)

Nemo approaching

And into the deep end

And it get’s deeper with Boere coming up behind

Nemo almost buys it again at the exact spot where he earned his Forum name some time ago, but this time makes it through safely :thumleft: (He can tell that stoty)

Boere makes it through as well

Must say it was a lekker adrinalien rush… and of course I had also made it through. Very chuffed.  :hello2:  :ricky:

On to Doornkloof Kloof where we met Barend and dicussed the Bash. They are geared for us and we have every reason to believe they will put up a good party.

I posted some foties of the site on the Planning Thread  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=89689.0

Like I said we were a bit gatvol of all the water so Nemo and I decided to go on through the Kloof and ride back along the R62. Boere was in a hurry for another appointment and decided to turn around and do it again.

I said it had rained a lot in the Kloof the past couple of weeks. All the driffies in Nuwekloofpas were awash, and that long cement one around the corner, broken up

Nice pleasant, rustige ride further on. A nice view somewhere along the way to Uniondale

At Uniondale we had a nice sarmie, and a cold one, and then hit the road home. Coffie at Oudebosch, before I tackled those last 100km or so against the  Easterly and did I suffer on the XT.

Got home at 1930, totally knackered. Riding an old thumper for thirteen hours is not for sissies… or old toppies.  :imaposer: