Eish, I bought a scooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kneeslider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Ya, imagine that, a bloody Chinese one too.......  :patch:
You see, a man without a project is a very grumpy and frustrated animal and this affects the brain and the thinking process, and in moments of weakness he can do the strangest things, and so it is how "Lil' Nipper got to become the latest squatter in the garage.

You see, since Jennifer, my beloved GS1000G is now being ridden more than being worked on, not demanding too much of my attention anymore, I have been itching for a new project, so like a tech savvy teenager I put up a few alerts on the popular online sites like OLX and Gumtree, looking for a worthy project, so every morning I get the latest offerings for sale, and more often than not it is a waste of 20 minutes of my time I will never get back again, wondering if there really are that many people out there on crystal meth.  :eek:
But every now and again, just once in a while, one will pop up and grab your attention, and force you to have a closer, longer look, and so it was with "Lil' Nipper"
From the advert, it didn't seem too bad at all, and a good buy, very unlike the the usual rotting heaps of junk without papers that the sellers thought were gold.
The advert was pretty straightforward and seemed to be honest about the issues; "Bike was complete but non runner, and the owner suspected the battery, (I was mentally pricing CDI unit), all papers were in order and the licence expired in 2015, sun damage to the paint"
And it didn't look bad in the picture.

But as anyone buying and working on project bikes knows, sellers can lie like a cheap watch with a straight face, so I didn't take it too seriously and prepared myself for a lot worse, but it was going for beer money, so what the hell, worth a look, and I was right.
Went to see the bike and have a chat to the seller, turns out the bike broke down on the way home one afternoon, about a year ago and was pushed home the last 3km and has been parked and left ever since, outside.
looking very much worse for wear and unloved with way more issues than pointed out, but hey, that is why you go view and see for yourself.
After a quick going over, I made made it known that the beer money he was asking was for about a dozen too many beers, and an adjustment was made accordingly and Lil' Nipper came home.

Some of the nasty.....  :-\

Lil' Nipper arrives home

Battery cover fashioned from a number plate.

Lots of plastic to be fixed

Cable tie rear mud guard hanger