Ellisras Bosveld Fees 5-7 July 2013 Bike Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swart Gevaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Hello guys

It's that time of the year again. I am planning a ride to the Bosveld Fees in Ellisras which starts on the Wednesday, 3 July, but I am planning on leaving Friday Morning 5 July at around 08h00.

The route will be as follows:

Meet at Total Garage at Menlyn Motor City just off Garsfontein rd. From there, we will head towards the R101, old Warmbaths rd and follow that all the way to Warmbaths. There we will have a breakfast and then move on to Nylstroom. Do our usual stop in Nylstroom at the concentration camp cemetery. From there, we take the R33 and just outside of Nylstroom, we will split from the R33 and take a route through the Waterberg. We will eventually meet up with the R33 again for a short distance, and then, for those who wish to continue, will join up with another dirt road, the Witkop Rd to Ellisras.

We will then camp at Babalela Lodge, which will cost in the region of R60 R65 p/p/n. There is a Cash bar with TV to watch some rugby. It is also one of the local jolls in Ellisras. There is a swimmingpool too, for those who wish to swim. The day temps in Ellisras at that time of the year is pretty mild to hot. The evenings can get a bit nippy though.

On the Saturday, we can go for another ride. Maybe hook up with some of the Ellisras Dogs and do a ride with them. After that, we can head to the fees and enjoy a few jars. Parking at the fees is right on the fees grounds and next to the beer tent. Only bikes aloud through the gates. After that, we can head back to camp and have a few there with some nice meat on the braai. Sunday, we all head back and for those who so wish, they can take another dirt route, or hit the slab back home.  :ricky:

If there is anybody who wish to hit slab all the way there, then you are welcome to. The team will split and outside Nylstroom en route to Ellisras, and then rejoin in Ellisras or at the camp site.

If anyone would rather that we get a quiet camping spot and with a few chalets, then let me know and I can try and see what I can do.

If there is any interest, the I will also make stickers or patches. See photo below. So let me know if you want one. Patches wil lbe in the region of R30, and stickers around R15.

Orange Swifty, maybe we can get t-shirts done through your contact?? PM me

Jules, maybe a redesign of the logo below inside a paw like you did with our avatars???

So, who's in??? Hopefully I'll get a better turnout than last year, since you guys all know me better now... :pot:

1. Swart Gevaar - Yamaha Super Tenere
2. Kerritz - BOF of Basket??
3. Dwerg - BMW (Maybe)
4. Cocky - KTM
5. Phula - KTM 1190 (maybe)
6. Crazy Horse - Triumph Explorer - Mine broeder
7. Dookie en Jo - Veldkombuis  :mad:
8. Ben10M - Yamaha 660 (Maybe)
9. Beetle - 1200 GS
10. REDRIDER - Maybe
11. Skaalbalas - F650GS
12. Mooch - KTM 990
13. Ploegskaar - KTM 990
14. OrangeSwifty - KTM SE
15. DirtyXT - Maybe
16. Smokes - Maybe
17. Gryshond - BMW 1200 GS met 'n water verkoelde engine. No booms pleas!! :pot:
18. WP (Maybe)
19. Tobie - BMW
20. Minxy - Aprilia 650
21. NewGuy - BMW
22. SirClit -Tenere

OK dudes, plek is nou amper vol. Maksimum nog twee. Sluit more middag en dan kan ons nie meer by die lys sit nie, tensy die maybes nie kan gaan nie.

Everyone that is going with, please remember that you are responsible for your own gear, accommodation - which shouldn't be a problem, own safety equipment, own repair kits etc. As said above, there will be 2 routes for those who wish to hit the tar, and for those who wish to hit the dirt. The dirt route would be close enough to the tar so that, if you so wish, you could leave the dirt and then join up with the tar.

Ok, I just spoke to the lodge and booked the place for the people on the list, so that is now sorted. PLease look at the change in tariff, I was just told about that. I do think that we could try and get it cheaper, but for R10 more, I do not think it is much.

Attachments

• IMG00007-20110608-1447.jpg
    IMG00007-20110608-1447.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 614