Everyone can do this trip, some would and some will continue doing it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johang

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
There have been a number of rides recently and specific over December about families doing trips.  I was also one of those privileged to do a trip with my wife and daughter.  It strengthened us as a family.

Although I can transfer a lot of knowledge to Puddles and Racing Chic around some riding aspects, I got a bit slack as the years went on and Racing Chic is the one that is the strong in the “faith” category.

After doing the Blazes' ride the morning we decided to do a trip of another kind.

With the bikes cleaned, we took the “narrow” highway towards Midrand.  We were on our way to the Bikers Church, as a family on bikes.

We met up with a lot of recently made friends as well as some old ones.  Ryperd was one of them:

P1244492.jpg

The band is really cool as well as the atmosphere, not the way I was brought up I need to admit, BUT I enjoyed it!

It was a great feeling, although it is fun to ride with the mates, the family or even on my own, it was great to attend the Bikers Church and actually get reminded what life is actually about, but this is my view as this may not be for all!!!

After the service we stood for a picture at the most famous picture around the CMA.  Bikers are real people and get affected by real life situations; CMA gives us means to deal with such situations.

P1244493.jpg

Some of the bikes outside, you can actually also go with your car and take the whole family and friends with.

P1244494.jpg

And the colours

P1244495.jpg

I would definitely try and do this more often, maybe we will see under “Planning a Ride” some new different type of invites.

Ryperd is also running an Off-Road Chapter for the CMA and they are looking at more Off-Road Chapters starting in Gauteng – it is optional by choice to get your colours and you can be a “Support Team Member” and share some time with like-minded individuals.  They have quad riders, plastic bike riders and a lot of Dual Purpose riders.

I do need to look into myself and make some decisions as I realised I will still remain a biker and have fun with friends and family.