FI light on dash????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackD

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi Guys,

Please help me with what the FI light means on the clocks. When the ignition is put on and bike started this light goes off, But yesterday in the trafic going home this light came on and now is on all the time. I have swiched the bike off and on and it is still on. ( I did ride it a bit hard in the trafic, but surley its not that)

I have no loss in performance and the bike (2008 / 990 S) is still going as good as the day it left the dealership even with 82000k's on the clock. My last service was 4500 k's ago and i have it serviced every 7000. I dont think it is a fuel blockage as the bike still get high RPM's and holds it and I have no jerks or other issues.

I had the fuel tank cleaned and the (tea bag) filter done on the fuel pump last week but since that i have done 700k's so I dont think this is related.

I am off the northen Namibia again on Saturday for 2 weeks and now I am unsure why this has come on and what it means.

Please help with what it means and how can I have it sorted out or what to do myself.