Would you? Trade ATAS for T7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karoo Rider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
Most probably just a gatjeuk flare up, but can't help but to like the Yamaha T7. Funny enough I like gadgets, which my Africa Twin Adv. Sports has lots of. The T7 has none of that. Recently got the boys an XR125 which I got to ride to a weekend destination two weeks ago. Round trip of about 150km, thinking a lot about the living legend Kallie Bokveld and their trip to Tanzania. Anyway, what caught me was the simplicity of the little 125 - I mean it's got a speedo, odo, and green neutral light. Suddenly I enjoyed the scenery again and not be so involved with all the in-flight entertainment the ATAS provides.

Riding with the boys we took the 125 into riverbeds and dongas which I really liked, but will never take the big AT there. Pity.

Everyone loves a bit of oordraai once in a while, I mean hey, that's what bikes are made for right? But again I'm no aggresive rider so maxed out power and speed happens relatively seldom. Boring even, I know.

Should never have bought that XR125...