Finally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellow wilddogs
I have been an avid reader of this site for 4 years, and finally joined up. Being a guest just isn't the same as actually being part of the wilddog fraternity.
My love for biking started with a Honda CY50, riding on the field, in Silverstroom strand and the service roads next to the railway lines in the greater Cape Town area. When I finally got my licence at 16 the measly 40km/h max speed of the 50 just wasn't enough anymore, and I upgraded to a DT125. My matric year was spent completely stripping it down and rebuilding it with a mate. We both passed, just. Sold it to buy a flight ticket to the UK for the working holiday thing, where I fell in love with travelling. A year later, I started studying Oceanography at UCT and bought an old 84 XT600 Tenere. Every weekend was spend tinkering with it and the occasional weekend trip to the Cederberg and Baviaanskloof with a mate on his XT500. Think I've met a few wilddogs in the Baviaans 4 years ago, one lost his top box and the other bragged that he could kickstart his XT600 by hand. 2006 I did the Namib Desert run on my trusty old Tenere, by far the oldest bike. Great fun.
I now work on ships all over the world on short contracts, with the beauty that when I'm home I have no other worries and spend most of my time on my bikes. Recent additions to the family are a 1999 Ducati 996BP, a poster on my wall for 15 years before finally turning that dream into reality, and a 2006 KTM 640 Adv, with which I'm planning to explore our lovely continent a little more.
Born in PTA, grew up in Cape Town and last year moved to Joburg to be with the missus, and aside what all the mates down south are saying, this place is awesome! In fact all of SA is awesome!
I hold a Msc in Oceanography and mainly work on sea water temperature of the top 800m in the Indian and Pacific ocean, an awesome job that has taken me to all 7 continents, all on taxpayers money :) before you start vloeking, it's US tax payers money!
My other hobbies are cycling, socializing and traveling.
I look forward to great many trips and beers with the like-minded adventure bikers known as the wilddogs!