Finished Business. And some mud thrown in as added Bonus.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneyMan

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I have had this one solo trip that has been mocking me due to a combination of fate and shite planning. I promised myself I'll finish it this year.

Today I had the chance.

Was supposed to get going at 05H00 this morning but only got going at 10H30. Don't ask. :rolleyes:

I had reservations of riding alone with possible mud around but decided to push through with the plan.

First dirt at Walmanstal.

IMG_0010.JPG

The cattle certainly have good green grass to chow on after the dry year so far.

IMG_0011.JPG

The road was good and wet but not muddy. At least if you stay on your lines, that is. Admiring the green surrounding one sometimes drift of the hardpack into the softer stuff. Who-haa! Wake-up call! :biggrin:

Here and there rain erosion caused some uncomfortable riding but mostly is was good smooth riding with dodging the odd puddle/hole.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

First smoke break. The rain has turned the drab country side into lush green fields.

IMG_0017.JPG

Hmm. Not today but I'll take the road offered, thank you. :biggrin:

IMG_0018.JPG

This stretch of road is a lekker shortcut to Safari Centre. This is where the Spring Fees was held and the Gauteng Bash people stopped at en-route.

Sadly is seems it will be no-go in the near future, meaning a long detour through Hammanskraal to get to the same Safari.  :sad: Maybe there is another route but I don't know.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Met a 640 rider coming from the opposite direction. We both waved. He was standing. I was sitting. Go figure. :mrgreen:

Stopped at Safari for fuel and then on the same route we took on the Bash. Took the nice detour Zonkel took as on then. Somehow I appreciated it more today. Maybe because I remember riding it this time round. :scratch: :mrgreen:

Stunning stretch of road and I would recommend it to anyone. About 5km from Safari, to the right. It makes a long loop to join the tar again later on.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Someone else was here as well. Maybe the Katoom rider.

IMG_0023.JPG

The recent rain turning a stream into a small river.

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

I then came upon two local with a novel way of fishing. Big net attached to a long pole and just stick in the river flowing past.

IMG_0027.JPG

Successful though!

Six more than I caught on my previous two outings to Rietvlei Dam. :rolleyes:

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

After this tar to Pienaarsrivier, survived a Road Block and then on to Zaagkuilsdrift road. The one we did on the Bash as well.

Early promise of what's to come!

IMG_0030.JPG